Do you love working on behalf of children, fostering their growth and development? Do you want a job that is challenging, gratifying, and allows you the opportunity to impact tens of thousands of youth each year? Focusing on our three Pillars of Student Success: Entrepreneurship, Work Readiness and Financial Literacy, JA staff enjoy a culture of mutual respect and co-worker camaraderie.
JAofNNE seeks a part-time Operations Manager for the JA Innovation Center at RSM who will oversee the day-to-day operations of the prototyping and makerspace facilities that supports the students and JAofNNE programs, as well as leads workshops for students, faculty, and staff on an array of design and prototyping topics. The Operations Manager will manage daily operations of the JA Innovation Center at RSM including but not limited to overseeing the creation and implementation of safety training protocols on all equipment, providing the training and supervising of JA students, JA staff, and RSM employees, tracking equipment use, scheduling and performing maintenance, and regulating access to areas throughout the space. The Design and Prototyping Manager will be expected to foster an environment of design, innovation, and making that will bring together various stakeholders from across the Greater Boston Area, and will work closely with JAofNNE and RSM staff to coordinate events and maintain cohesive use of the facility.
The Design and Prototyping Manager must be a team-oriented staff member and trustworthy as this position will mostly operate without other JA staff present. Being personable with internal and external constituents and demonstrating exceptional judgment is imperative. This is an exciting opportunity for someone eager to leverage their engineering and entrepreneurial skills to amplify JAofNNE’s impact on youth in the Greater Boston Area.
This is a part-time position, with the potential to develop into a full time position. The Operations Manager will work at the JA Innovation Center at RSM located at 80 City Square, Boston, with occasional off- site work in the Greater Boston Region. RSM is a 10-minute walk from the North Station Commuter Rail and T stop, and parking will be provided.
• Maintain the safety and supervise all usage of the lab/shop environment
• Maintain all equipment including Laser Cutters, Vinyl Cutters, 3D Printers, Drill Press, Recording equipment, etc.
• Train students, JA Staff, and various RSM employees in the mandatory safety training course on all equipment as well as all additional advanced trainings for individual equipment
• Manage and track use of equipment and supplies for budgeting purposes
• Manage events and classes held at the JA Innovation Center at RSM
• Must have an entrepreneurial mindset, open to learning new things and willing to envision and propose new methods to perform tasks that support innovative and entrepreneurial experiences
• Must have excellent oral, written, and presentation skills
• A demonstrated passion for hands-on education/hands-on making and creating (or equivalent experience)
• Ability to work collaboratively with diverse internal and external stakeholders, as well as independently
• Must have experience in coordinating, managing, problem solving, and executing t asks independently
• Ability to anticipate and embrace change; demonstrate willingness to achieve, acquire, and utilize new skills and challenging tasks; and is flexible in changing conditions. Must have proficiency in major 3D design software such as 3D printers, Glowforge laser cutters, Cricut vinyl cutters, as well as other software used in typical Maker Space environments
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
• Must have a proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, SharePoint)